JOHN & AUDREY
RED CHERRY COFFEE CUPPING EVENING
The evening was about learning more about coffee, its origin and the different ways to smell and taste a variety of coffee beans from across the world. We got to try 6 different coffee beans, watched them being grounded and learnt more about what we could smell and taste in each coffee at different stages. Its amazing the different aromas and flavours that are picked up from 6 different people all cupping the same coffee.
We also got to try tea made from the cherry fruit around the coffee bean and accompanied all this lovely tasting with a gorgeous chocolate cake supplied by Never Mind The Cupcakes based in Margate.
For reference and of course, if anybody wanted to sample or order the coffee tasted that evening, the 6 coffee beans cupped at the Red Cherry Coffee Cupping Evening were:
1. Brazil Fazenda pantano, (farm) yellow bourbon (varietal) fully washed (process)
2. Colombia Tolima Finca Vista Hermosa (farm) fully washed (process)
3. Rwanda Impala cooperative (farm/cooperative) Red Bourbon (varietal) fully washed (process)
4. Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Wote Konga (cooperative) Natural processed (process)
5. El Salvador Finca La Siberia (Farm) fully washed(process) Cup of excellence
6. Hawaii Kona heavenly hawaii estate (farm) peaberry (varietal) fully washed
We all had a wonderful evening. It was a great experience, especially with me being such a huge coffee fan and we are definitely looking forward to the next one.
Twitter - @RedCherryCoffee
DO NOT USE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION